Working with a variety of instrumentation and pumping equipment helps us look at suppliers the same way our clients look at us. We have found four “keys” – categories of questions for evaluating our suppliers that may help you.
- When can I get it?
- How about replacement parts?
- Will they support it?
- Do their “experts” speak our language?
- Do they stand behind the product?
- Which is best for our budget?
Analytical instrument manufacturers fall into two categories:
- Chemical & Reagent Manufacturers provide instrumentation as delivery systems for their products. Think about the low-cost printer that makes 20-30 times the price of the device on replacement ink cartridges.
- Equipment Developers work on the measurement technology. Reagents and supplies are secondary for use in support of the instrument. Many new instruments operate without consumables.
- Does it work?
- How long will the sensor last?
- How often does this system need maintenance?
Asking good questions at the start of the project can help us to solve your application challenges. There are many good manufacturers of instrumentation and pumps today, and our goal is to provide the right solution for you.